The lovely Amanda of off of broadway tagged me with the Happy Blogger Award. Go check out her blog if you haven't already! Ok, so here's 10 things that make me happy. I tried to leave out the obvious things (thrifting, shopping, fashion, etc.)
1) My boyfriend. This is the first photo ever taken of the two of us. (Yes, I used to have long blonde hair.) He always makes me happy, cheers me up and keeps me sane. Someday we will get puppies - an English Bulldog and a Weimaraner to be exact - and their names will be Lola and Milton. That's pretty much our biggest goal and all you really need to know about us.
2) Good movies. This is a screenshot from Away We Go, which I just bought a few days ago. If you haven't seen it yet, go out and rent it. It is so sweet and funny. I absolutely love it. I love the power a good film can have, how much it can effect you emotionally and mentally and how much time you can spend reflecting on it.
3) Live music. I chose this photo because I saw The Decemberists in concert twice last year and both shows were absolutely amazing. If you haven't listened to their newest album The Hazards of Love, you should definitely check it out. It is perhaps my favorite album, ever.
4) Learning. I chose this photo because right now I'm learning to sew. But I there are so many more things I want to learn about. Next semester I'm transferring schools so that I can earn a degree in Fashion and Interior Merchandising and I'm ecstatic about studying something that truly interests me.
5) Asheville. Although I want to travel a lot later in life, I do love this place. I'm so glad I chose to go to college here and that I can stay here for a while even though I'm transferring schools. If you ever get the chance, you must visit!
7) Naps. I love naps...maybe a little too much. During the past few months naps have been irresistible because my bed is the most appealing place when it's cold outside. Perhaps when it warms up I can take my naps in the sunshine...if only I had a hammock like the lucky girl in that photo...
8) Charleston, SC. I feel a little silly having two cities on here. But one is my current home and one is (hopefully!) my future home. Out of all the places I've traveled I've never loved anywhere as much as Charleston.
9) Cheescake! Yummy. All flavors. It is my absolute favorite dessert. Know any good recipes?
10) Theatre. I was in theatre throughout high school and I've been in one show during college. I absolutely love musical theatre and if I wasn't such a horrible dancer I might have pursued that as a career (as silly as it may sound). I also love directing. Seeing a performance come together is so rewarding as a director, and I loved the few times I was able to direct during high school.
So, now I'm supposed to tag...5 other bloggers I think? I choose...
I tried to check recent entries and make sure you ladies hadn't already done this recently, but sorry if I accidentally re-tagged someone who has!
Alright, room-cleaning time.
All images without a source link were found on weheartit.